Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm so excited!

And I just can't hide it! I cooked up some Salmon Croquettes the other night and really thought I'd gained back half a pound the way I shoveled 'em in. I was soooo hungry. The little one was, too, and they were de-lish. I didn't want to get on the scale this morning and I'm sure the scale didn't want me to, either, but it said, happily, that I lost! YES! Ok, not feeling like such a complete failure for a change. Maybe I can actually do this?

Since I started this blog a few days ago, I'm more mindful of how much I weigh EACH DAY, even though everyone tells you not to do that. It's the only way I can control the numbers. If I gain, then I make myself eat less. If I lose, I either continue to eat less or at least count my calories thru the day. I don't count the fat and sugar grams so much, as I do the calories. I just don't have the time to check every little thing. Plus, I'm drinking a lot more water. I don't normally get my 8 glasses of 8oz daily, but I am drinking more, which helps me fill up faster, so I'm not as hungry throughout the day - I'm snacking less, but still snacking. ;)

Wanted to share a couple of nice snack items for when you are hungry throughout the day. The Special K Chocolatey Pretzel bar is OUT OF THIS WORLD and it's only 90 calories - Awesome! The kiddo and I both love them for breakfast-on-the-run, snack, dessert, whatever - sooo yummy. Also, a handful of raw almonds a day is great for you. I try not to totally freak when I see the number of calories of fat content if I know it's healthy for my body. The almonds are also quite filling, even if it is just one handful. Kids love them, too.

Exercise? Don’t get me started on this one. I’ve been a bad girl. So, whoop me.

Clutter-free? No, not yet, but still working on it. It’s so hard to get up early in the morning but now that my daughter’s spelling bee is over, no more late nights studying over 300 words – some I’ve never even heard of!

So, for the record, I did cheat. I made a deal with myself to not have choc till I lost 5 lbs. Then, I’d allow myself a bite, like a kiss or a miniature or choc covered toffee, choc covered cherry – a bite. I admit, I had 2 pieces…YES! 2 PIECES, OK?! …of choc covered toffee. I felt guilty but it was sure FINE! ;) I tell you, I could have eaten that whole honkin’ bag, but I did NOT. I was feeling depressed like I let myself down and weighed in this morning and actually LOST???!! I have lost 2.5 lbs for this week, which isn’t the 3 lbs I wanted to lose but I did make myself a deal that it could be 2.5 to 3 lbs per week, so I’m on schedule. Yes, I could have lost 3 had I not chowed down on all the Salmon Croquettes and 2 pieces of choc covered toffee. I will do better. I will integrate more time to exercise and clean out the clutter. I have cleared a lot in my office and at least my kitchen is clutter-free!!

Let’s see now: 42 more days to go to be clutter-free. 105 more days to weigh in at 135 (now 170.5) and have a more toned bod. I can do this. I can do this. I can...do...this.

1 comment:

  1. I know, I know. I'm thinking these posts are wayyyyy too long. I'll try shortening them considerably. And perhaps posting once a week?

    ReplyDelete