Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day One - I did it!

Yes, I did! I got up off my sedentary big fat butt and got it moving, on the treadmill, that is. 20 minutes between 3.8 and 4.0 miles per hour. Yeah, it ain't a frickin' marathon but hey, at least I did something and for longer than 5 minutes. It was a brisk walk.

Never been able to pace myself when it comes to running, although I wouldn't mind learning. I'm sure if I had a bear behind me, I could certainly haul ass but just to run for the heck of it or for fitness reasons...I just can't catch a rhythm. It's like I start panicking, freaking out.

Even when it came to my eval run in Basic, I did the 1.5 miles in 10.36 minutes. I'm a slow poke. I kept having to stop. I hyperventilate - don't know how to breathe. The T.I. only let you stop if you were going to blow chunks or pass out. Well, I played drama queen and acted as if I was going to toss my cookies just in order for me to catch my breath. At least I passed my eval. I still feel bad for the girls that were straggling behind and had to graduate with a different flight, since one suffered from tendonitis and the other from shin splints. They stayed in Med Hold while the rest of us graduated and went to Tech School.

Well, I had tendonitis, too, but I wasn't about to complain. I waited till I got to Tech School, then went to Sick Call and got a waiver from marching to class. I got a free ride, Baby! Yeah! Got to ride the bus to class while I watched the majority marching in the freezing cold!!! Hey, I had a good excuse. I mean, you couldn't even see my ankles from all the swelling and it was quite painful to walk, much less march. I had a blue rope T.I., which supposedly means "the best of the best" and he made us DIG our combat boot wearing heels into the frickin' 200 degree pavement ALL DAY AND NIGHT LONG! I had a hot bod when I graduated but my ankles were really killing me. I sucked it up. Never told a soul till I left Lackland. Wow! Memories. That was a long time ago.

Anyway, I did it. I did the treadmill for 20 and tomorrow, I may do an aerobix tape or a Grind tape or I don't know what, but I'll think o' that tomorro', as Ms. Scarlet would say.

Oh! Oh! Oh! And (as you can tell, I'm quite pleased with myself at the moment) I have not had one tiny bit of chocolate ALL DAY! I had a granola bar for breakfast with half a pot of coffee. YUM! I had Steak Escape for lunch (not the healthiest, I know), but it was FINE nonetheless! LOVE the Grandest Chicken on wheat with the spicy mustard. MAN!!!! Oh, let's see. A Breve' Latte' from Seattle Drip on the way home today from getting groceries. No sweetener, ever! Not in my Breve'. After I got off the treadmill, I had some grape juice. For supper, I'll probably have a tall glass of skim milk and I'm seriously debating on stirring in some Hershey's chocolate syrup. I could drink it straight out of the bottle, I tell ya, but I swear I won't. I don't believe in completely depriving oneself from all ecstasy just because one is eating better, eating less and exercising more. I think I should be allowed a tiny something and if it's just one tablespoon of chocolate syrup mixed in milk, that's not too bad, right? Ok, ya know what, I'll have a small glass of skim milk, no chocolate. I'm going to have at least one full day of saying NO to my addiction. I can do this. I am a strong person...most of the time. I don't NEED the chocolate. Not really hungry (that's a switch!) for any food for supper, but I'll probably have something teeny, maybe a cup of yogurt? Not sure. Ya know, I'm not a big yogurt fan, but ever since I tried the Activia (peach is awesome. cherry is great. blueberry is heaven), I'm addicted. Tastes like fruity pudding, not at all like yogurt, at least not to me. It's FINE! I eat it like it's dessert. I'll eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack.

As for the clutter, I did tackle part of the office, as I said I would. I actually went thru an entire higgledy piggledy stack of magazines that was about to topple over and do you know where that stack is now? File 13! Oh yeah! I opened a file on my computer and typed in the ones I'd like to order from, made me a list of the websites and threw the catalogs in the garbage. Although, I admit I saved a couple of the King Arthur Flour and Williams Sonoma catalogs. They had some cool sounding recipes in them that I'd like to try and I'll make my very best effort to try those recipes some time this month. At least one. ;)

Looking forward to tomorrow. Bundle up! It's gonna be another frozen one 2nite! And this is the South? Honestly! I don't really mind. I like the cold, but if it's gonna be THIS cold, at least bring some snow with ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment