Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 2 - On a roll. Can I have a roll?

No, I did not have a roll.

I have done fairly well today. I beat down the scale and although it did gasp for air, it didn't scream for me to get off this time. Down 2 pounds. Probably water weight, but hey, weight is weight and I'll take it.

A fat-filled breakfast - one french toast and 2 pieces of bacon, which is better than my normal 2 pieces of FT and 7 pieces of bacon. And, of course, my coffee. Not too bad, though.

Panini for lunch - YUM! Me loves me some panini. Made me a happy camper. Wanted chocolate but did not weaken, yet. So far, so good.

Chili for sup and glass of skim milk. Don't worry, no chocolate syrup.

And I did do the small glass of milk and cup of blueberry yogurt for supper last night. Tasty. Not exactly a Big Mac & fries or easy peasy cheesy pizza or chicken piccata (my all time fave), but I still enjoyed my yogurt. I'm so proud, I actually removed the Kisses from my desk and placed them in the pantry. Out of sight, out of mind, a little. Choc never strays far from the mind but it is much better to not see it. You always think about your drug.

We (the kiddo joined in) added 5 minutes to the workout doing our 25 dancing and pumping to MTV's The Grind Workout Hip Hop Aerobics. I had not done aerobics in so long, I'd forgotten how much fun it was. At least, the Grind tapes are. Fun for the both of us and getting our rears in gear at the same time, although the little one does not need any help in that department. Thin, tall thing!

Tomorrow, I'm thinking maybe Buns and Abs of Steel? Or maybe something different. We'll see. And I'll do my best to steer clear of any chocolate, k?

Cleaned some more in the office today. It's so freeing to throw out the junk. I feel so much lighter already, just because the room is less full. So far, I've thrown away about 4 or 5 kitchen garbage bags full and I'm now working on a construction garbage bag and it's about 1/3 parts full.

Putting things in their places. Tossing out the superfluous papers I know I don't need, donating things to the Goodwill bags (we dropped off 3 bags on Saturday) in the hallway. I need to go through these two bookcases along with the stacks of books on each side and donate what I no longer need.

I cannot believe what a packrat I am. I know partly what it stems from - my childhood and my biological father stealing many valuables from my room when he left us, my brother reading my diary and making it a public spectacle, so now I suppose I just want to cling to things that are mine and no one can take away from me? Oh, I don't know. Makes no sense. I'm so scared I'm going to miss something, something I wrote on a piece of paper, and another piece, and another, so I have to keep them all, adding up to a stockpile of heaping stacks of paper monsters that I am very nightmarish over attacking me when I walk past, or since they do reproduce, they'll eventually make it to my bedroom and get me in my sleep! Ok, maybe I was melodramatic just a bit, but I do save needless things, papers, catalogs, magazines, so many things that just add to my already bulging and overflowing baggage, more to stress me, more, more, more - this girl needs HELP!

Well, that's exactly why I'm doing this. I've devised a plan, albeit flying by the seat of my pants, mostly. I'm taking teensy baby steps each day to lose weight, get in shape, get my house organized and blog about it, which is actually therapeutic in a way. Perhaps only one or two peeps will read it and that's ok. It's my way of downloading some of my baggage, I suppose. I'm feeling better already.

C-ya 2 morrow. Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment