Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Plan?

Ok, time to settle up. I didn't do as well as I'd hoped, although I did lose a couple of pounds this week, or 1.5, anyway. Not the 3+ I'd hoped for, but then I didn't follow the rules, either. I wanted to do a juice fast and I did for half a day and then half of another, and skipped a few meals from some anxiety I experienced earlier in the week (see http://2cupsojava.blogspot.com for details). I did not get the exercise I had planned for.

Plans - good things to schedule but half never see the light of day. I would love to share my To Do list with you but I'm sure you don't have all day to sit and read, so I'll skip it. Blegh! I have got to learn to just write perhaps 5 or 10 things per day that MUST BE DONE instead of filling up my entire 2 page per day planner sheets, knowning I'm not going to have time to get half that stuff done. Why do I do this to myself, I ask? Do I really believe that I have a week's worth of time during my 24 hour day? And a few of those hours are required to sleep, ya know? I aspire to be better at planning my days and weeks, more realistically, starting now, or after I finish my update.

There was a tailgate party/luncheon at work that I did not attend, due to my not wanting to pig out, seeing as how I have no restraint when it comes to a plethora of delicious, fragrant, enticing foods set out before me as an all-I-can-eat buffet. Better to not even look. So, I did good. No such thing as a taste - not for me. I'm an all or nothing kind of person when it comes to food. If it tastes good or looks good or smells good, I'm going for it, and not just for one little taste. I love to eat and no, I don't have to even be hungry. I enjoy flavor, aroma, presentation and it's close to impossible for me to resist temptation.

Down to 167.5 - not wonderful, but I'm not completely unhappy about it, seeing as it is a weight loss and at least it's going down, and not up or unbudging, which is surprising to me, as I did not get my exercise quota for the week, but I did keep the caloric intake to under 1200 calories per day throughout the week, until Friday, and then I was bad. Shall I share my weakness? Ok, it's all about honesty here...accountability for myself...

Ok, it was girls nite, which is Friday and we (my daughter, mom and I) have a weekly ritual of getting take out, some chick flicks and going to my mom's to catch up from the past week. I had said I'd pick them up something, stop at my house on the way over and get my fruit and yogurt out of the fridge for supper. Did I do this? Well, no. I started questioning, do I really want fruit and yogurt? I've done well this week. Do I deserve a treat? My daughter was all for it, saying "You do deserve to treat yourself. Get what you want. It's just one meal." So, I listened. Have I told you I'm weak? I got a Big Mac and fries. Probably the worst thing I could have ordered - EVER!

So, no treating myself anymore until (1) I have lost a total of 10 pounds and I really think I deserve one treat or (2) I have reached my goal and believe I can maintain it. I have a lot of hard work ahead of me. This is harder than I thought it would be. And it's not fun. But that's ok. It's worth working hard for, so I'll not be treating myself, and I'll be working out more - these 2 things will be among my 5-10 things per day I MUST DO.

What about the clutter, you might ask? Well, the bathroom is still in tip-top shape. Keeping things clutter-free, dusted and shining in there. Kitchen WAS clean and organized but not so much this morning. Got a lot of cleaning in my day today. Going to work in the kitchen, my bedroom and the livingroom today, along with washing clothes, and the kiddo is going to help me, at least in the kitchen and putting up clean clothes.

Counting down, I have 20/83 days left to reach my goals. 20 days to reach my clutter-free zone and 83 days to get my rear in gear and go from 173 to 135 lbs. I totally believe that I can reach the clutter-free goal of 20 days. My main problem there is once I get the room clutter-free, keeping it that way. The kitchen was clutter-free and now I have stuff piled up.

The 83 days left for getting my rear in gear and losing (I've lost 5.5 lbs, so far) 32.5 pounds is sounding, well, improbable but I'm going to work my butt off every day of the week and see how close I can get.

So, the plan. We'll see if I can stick to the plan this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment